Are you camera shy? Producing marketing videos for your business doesn’t have to be a daunting process. Here are a few things to keep in mind that should help make your video shoots simple, smooth and effective:
- Don’t make it too complicated. Pick a simple topic for your first video.
- Relax. Work with a colleague you’re comfortable with and speak to him or her as the video records.
- Prepare notes but don’t read them on camera. Video should be casual and conversational whether it’s you, an employee or a customer talking.
- Keep it brief. Determine which two or three bullet points you want to convey in a two-minute video. If you’re interviewing a customer for a testimonial, it’s usually a good idea to limit it to two or three questions.
- Don’t worry too much about “ums” and “ers.” You’re human. That’s what video is about. But take time to do a few takes and then edit together the best segments.
- Enable and encourage comments. Videos, email marketing and social media marketing go hand-in-hand-in-hand. Get your viewers talking and sharing. Good videos go viral and are great for building brand awareness.
- Incorporate a call to action. This can add interactivity at the end of your video (i.e. “For more information…,” “To take our survey…,” “To share your story with us…”).